Monday, January 31, 2011

Brandi recommends: For the Twilight lovers

Carissa started with some recommendations when she guest posted, and I thought I would make it more specific.

If you liked Twilight, you may also enjoy:

So- I know by now, that most people have a firm side of the line you stand on- you loved Twilight or you hated it. But I know that it got me back into reading, and since I have read hundreds of YA books. So never fear, there is a life after twilight, and I have some suggestions of what to read after Twilight.

Clicking on the title will take you to goodreads page, and a link to my review is below



Vampire AcademyVampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) My Review HERE
Rose is the opposite of Bella, but I love her SO much.
She is strong and fierce.
And Dimitri is all you could want in a love interest
The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyr...The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope (Kailmeyra, #1) My Review HERE
This is clean, such a beautiful love story.
The author has such power with her words,
and her storytelling will take you on an awesome
journey
Haven
I recommend this because of the paranormal aspect and a hot love interest
My Review HERE
Amber Frost (The Lost Magic, Book One)
This is an indie author but deserves much more exposure. 
My review here
Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1)
Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) My review here  This has an awesome  paranormal aspect
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)
This has fallen angels instead of vampires, but there is an awesome main character and in interesting twist on the love triangle
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) my review here An awesome take on werewolves, and a triangle I can't decide on!
Minder (Ganzfield, #1)
Minder (Ganzfield, #1) my review here What would happen if you could read the mind of the person you love? Minder is the book that can tell you!
The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1)
The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) my review here This is about faeries. I'd never enjoyed fae before this book, but Meghan is a great main character, and Ash is dark, mysterious and HOT!
Here is another list I made, some of the same are listed on there, and some different ones as well.
So-- I will now turn it over to my readers- what did you enjoy after Twilight? What books made you feel the same things? Do you agree with my suggestions? 

10 comments:

  1. I didn't really like Twilight...at all, but I loved book 1 of Vampire Academy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was okay with Twilight and I totally loved VA! I am shocked they did not make a movie out of VA. >.< Nightshade and Unearthly are amazing aswell! :D Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll admit it...I'm a total Twilight hater, and it very nearly turned me off to YA period. I got caught up in the hype when they first came out and was all starry eyed and gushy. When the fog cleared, I realized that I didn't like the books at all, and absolutely HATED Bella.

    Luckily, I stumbled on the House of Night (by P.C. and Kristen Cast) series, and while they're in no way great literature, they kind of redeemed YA for me. Now I'm back in full swing and looking forward to making my way through the many series' available!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree about The House of Night series. I really really enjoy those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I read Twilight I went straight to Vampire Academy and loved it, probably more than I loved Twilight, I think Rose was a much stronger and well rounded heroine than Bella. Unearthly I adored as well as the Iron Fey Series. Great suggestions all around Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read teh VA series but have heard great things about it. Loved Nightshade, Unearthly and The Iron King.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually didn't enjoy House of Night, but I know that lots of people did- which is why I turned it over to readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome thank you for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great list! I have to say that The Vampire Academy was my favorite... better than Twilight! And was super happy to hear that R Mead is going to somewhat continue the series!
    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the Minder shout-out! I've got a suggestion for the Twilight and Vampire Academy fans--HALF-BLOOD is coming soon!

    Okay, not SOON soon. The purple widget on the left here says 224 days.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)