Monday, June 27, 2011

Review: Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley

Breath of Angel (The Angeleon Circle)
Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley

The stranger’s cloak had fallen back, and with it, a long, white, blood-stained wing.When Melaia, a young priestess, witnesses the gruesome murder of a stranger in the temple courtyard, age-old legends recited in song suddenly come to life. She discovers wings on the stranger, and the murderer takes the shape of both a hawk and a man.
Angels. Shape-shifters. Myths and stories—until now.
Melaia finds herself in the middle of a blood feud between two immortal brothers who destroyed the stairway to heaven, stranding angels in the earthly realm. When the feud turns violent and Melaia becomes a target, she finds refuge with a band of angels attempting to restore the stairway. But the restoration is impossible without the repayment of an ancient debt—the “breath of angel, blood of man,” a payment that involves Melaia’s heart, soul, and destiny.

Source: For review from publicist
Published in US: June 21st 2011

My Review:
  Breath of Angel has a complex plot, with lots of mystery and detail. This is a well thought out world where things are never quite what they seem.
   We get to see Melaia's awakening to the fact that things she's long sung as stories is fact... or at least there are facts embedded in the songs. She doesn't know what to believe and what is true, but it was definitely a journey with her to find out what is what, and the path of her destiny.
    This is like no other angel story I've read!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! Lol, you are always adding more books to my TBR pile...

    Just kidding, thanks for another great review and another book to look forward to :)

    Just 1 Writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cover and a great title. I'll have to give this one a try since you liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review, for a book I hadn't heard of yet and I am now adding to my wishlist! :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)