Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Co-op Video Games

Me and my husband play through RPG games together, and I thought I'd put together a list of what we've enjoyed. A few people have asked, so I hope this is helpful, and at least a place to start.
I know that a lot of games are coop online or with different systems, but we wanted to play together, in the same house, and didn't want to have to buy two seperate games and systems. Which is why we've largely shied away from PC gaming, because even the lan versions of games usually require you to have two different serial numbers, as we've recently discovered with Neverwinter Nights.

Dungeon Siege 3

Dungeon Siege 3

This is the most recent we've played, and it's even got me interested in playing PC games so I can check out the 1st and 2nd installment. We played on PS3, but it's out for XBOX 360 too.
I played as the archon Anjali  and my husband was the gunwoman, Katarina.
We played every chance we got until we beat it, and once we give it a rest, we're interested in seeing if there are some alternate endings.



Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

This and Dark Alliance 2 were probably my favorites. These were released on PS2 and XBOX. It was a lot of dungeon crawling and hack and slash, but I loved the quests, the leveling up and playing something together. I as usual, was a magician. DA2 was fun because of the customization and gems with the weapons. 

While this and Return to Arms are set in the same universe as Baldur's Gate, and the game play is similar, I thought I'd mention them seperately because I played both groups at different times.

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

We enjoyed the gameplay and the set up well enough but didn't like the ending. I'd still recommend it though. This, I do believe was a PS3 exclusive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)