Friday, October 19, 2012

Review: Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout


"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "
Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.
If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.
But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.
Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

Publishes: Nov 6th 2012
Source: Spencer Hill for review
Series info: 3rd in Covenant series, 1st is Half Blood 2nd is Pure and the 4th Apollyon publishes April 9th 2013 and the 5th Sentinel is late 2013.




trailer:


buy:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Book Depository

Find Jennifer:
Blog | Facebook Goodreads | Twitter

Blkosiner's Book Blog review
     Reading and loving this was a great birthday present (birthday is 20th tomorrow)
     There isn't much to say besides wow. And I loved it. Alex continues to kick butt and take names, Aiden is hot as ever and we get to see a whole new level with him... Seth is mysterious and dangerous as ever, and there are plot twists that I never expected.
     If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend it. It is among my favorites, because of the characters, the love story and the action behind the scenes.
     This is no filler book. There is action, character development, love and new snags to the plan on every page.
    Alex kept me cheering for her, snickering at her mouth and wishing I had her skills every other page. I love being in her head, and getting to feel like I have that kind of wit, energy and passion if only for the hours where I am transported into her world. I also loved being able to see a more soft side of Alex and she wrestles with choices she must make, and possible ways that the future could play out with responsibility on her shoulders.
    I love the secondary characters as well... they have depth and they add something. Lea with her emotions, Olivia with her pain and confusion over what to feel towards Alex, Marcus and wondering about his motivations, and Leon... yeah, well there is a huge story there too. I love the scenes with Deacon as well. He makes me laugh and I am so glad for his friendship with Alex, he adds just the right thing to the scenes that he is in. And oh, how I miss Caleb. We get a small dose of him in ways I didn't expect in this one, but he was such a great friend and character.
    The ending is amazing, leaving me wanting more. Jennifer, be glad I don't know your address, or I might have to ninja Apollyon from your computer, lol.
    Great book, awesome series, amazing author.

My question to you, my lovely readers:
Do you like a sarcastic main character?

7 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday!
    I have the first book on my Kindle and you remind me that I REALLY need to read it. I do love a sarcastic main character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday for tomorrow.

    Great review, I didn't really like the sound of this until I read your thoughts on it so thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday tomorrow, Brandi. It's my sister Alicia's birthday too, have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't started this series yet! I really want to and I LOVE sarcastic characters.

    Happy early birthday!!!! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Brandi!! So glad you loved this JLA rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya Brandi

    Wishing you a happy birthday. Hope you have an awesome day. I must admit, I haven't heard of this book, but based on your review, descriptions of the characters and the plot - it definitely sounds like a book I'd enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! :)

    To be nice I'll even let you borrow Aiden for a while! ;) Just so you know he is the first on my fictional boys list! :) I don't let him so easily :) I'm happy you enjoyed and I cannot possibly wait any longer to read Deity! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)